So excited to share some family photo outfit ideas and inspiration for the spring!
- Consider your background / location. Probably the very first thing you should think about before picking out anyone’s outfits! Be mindful of the colors and how busy the background is so that you don’t clash.
- Plan your outfit first! Typically, you will care the most about your outfit and will likely have the most options. Start with mama, and move onto your daughter(s), son(s), and then finally your spouse.
- A neutral color palette will never tire. Colors are fun and show personality, but if you plan to have these photos on your walls for years to come, having your family wear a neutral color palette will mesh best with fitting into your home decor season after season, year after year.
- Coordinate colors, but don’t necessarily match. Matching can be cute, but could also look cheesy or even awkward!
- Keep patterns minimal. You won’t want everyone rocking patterns on their threads. Photos will appear too busy and can easily clash. Solids are always a safe choice! If you can, limit one person to a pattern.
- Let your kiddos have a little say. If they absolutely don’t want to wear something or don’t like wearing a certain thing, don’t make them. It will likely lead to a meltdown during the shoot, which won’t do any good for photos (or your stress level)!
- Keep it modest. I think this goes without saying, but…
- Try on your outfits in advance. To ensure proper fit and that you like how they look.
- If you're not planning a 2-3-hour shoot. stick to one outfit. Changing outfits is timely, can get complicated, and your kids probably won’t be too happy!
Image / text credits: